Ipperwash Beach on Lake Huron is just a 2 minute drive or short walk from WoodHaven. Grand Bend Beach is a 15 minute drive. Grand Bend is also known for one of the largest Flea Markets around. 35 minute drive to the U.S. border at Sarnia/Port Huron.
Some of the local attractions include:
- Beaches - Divided into Drive on Section / Walk on section
- Carolinian Forest at the back of our property offers numerous hiking trails.
- Golf Courses
- Corner Store within walking distance for Groceries, supplies, Video Rentals
- Full Grocery within easy driving distance
- Beach Restaurants /Ice Cream /"Chip Stands" within walking distance
- Seasonal Farmers Markets / Orchards - Fresh fruits and Veggies straight from the Farm
- Herb Farm just down the road on Lakeshore Dirve
- Kettle Point - Home of The First Nations Community offers - Authentic Cooking at their Local Restaurants, Handmade Crafts
- Night Life - Grand Bend ( 15 Minutes away) Full Scale Beach side Bars, Surf Shops and Restaurants
- City of Forest - Theatre/shops/ Library - Like stepping back in time.
- Pinery Provincial Park - Quietly explore the woodlands along a trail by foot or by bike, dip a paddle in the Old Ausable Channel,